Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Review: Gender Swap Lollipop, by Raminar Dixon AND Wishing for Something Extra, by Therese Verras

Hello fellow perverts!

Today I'm reviewing a pair of gender-swap stories. For those who haven't been initiated, these are stories where characters come to inhabit an opposite-sex body while retaining the same mind. As you can tell, there's a little bit of ethical crossover with transgender issues, but in general, gender swap stories avoid that, instead tackling it from a more lighthearted, "what if one day I grew a dick?!" attitude. So, let's get to it!

Gender Swap Lollipop #1, by Raminar Dixon


Our first entry today will be a male->female yarn about a drug trial. A drug trial administered (by a company called Sissco, naturally) in the form of a lollipop. VERY SCIENTIFIC. Our main character, Evan, ends up participating to make a few extra bucks, and the lollipop of course turns his outie into an innie and gives him some nice big boobies. Oh, and it also turns the participants into huge sluts (using the narrator's word, here). It also, at least for Evan, causes him to be attracted to men, and he immediately starts to pleasure himself to thoughts about his hunky roommate.

I'm referring to Evan as "he," here, because it seems like he still considers himself a man throughout the story. The end leaves that sort of ambiguous, though. Without spoiling too much (after all, there are several more books in the series), there's a funny perverted Beauty and the Beast/Cinderella thing wherein Evan will stay in his new female body if he gets someone to come inside of him, which adds some enjoyable tension to the romp.

So, is this a guy-on-guy story? Guy-on-girl? Guy-on-trans-girl? Hard to say. If you're the sort of person bothered by the distinction, I suspect you're not the target audience anyway. It's well-written, quick and free, so if the description sounds up your alley, I definitely recommend giving it a try and checking out the rest of the series. This one didn't quite turn my crank sexually, but there's nothing I can point to that's bad or wrong, so I'm giving this one a Recommend!

Wishing for Something Extra, by Therese Verras


Now let's cross the river and read the exact opposite of Gender Swap Lollipop! Wishing for Something Extra is the story of a woman (Christine) who willingly grows a cock to attract the girl of her dreams, and does so through magical, rather than scientific, means.

I'll make no secret of the fact that I find futanari pretty hot, so this story definitely got me going. I found Christine easier to relate to than the previous story's protagnist, and her shy but passionate use of her new appendage was both sexy and adorable. Ms. Verras's writing was clear and evocative -- I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the prose in both this week's reviews.

If I have any complaints about Wishing for Something Extra, it's the brevity of the sex. I guess Christine inherited more than just a cock from the male gender, as she's something of a two-pump chump, and in the ultimate cliche, it left me unsatisfied. Furthermore, this seems to be the only thing Ms. Verras has published, meaning there's not even a sequel to fufill my needs. Annoying!

Still, if you're looking for some futa fiction, put Wishing for Something Extra at the top of your list. Recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment